Snapshots is your overview of the past week in the Hamilton arts and entertainment community. From the people and moments that mattered- and opportunities that might- Snapshots is everything you need to know to stay connected to the Hamilton arts sector.
To add your announcement, call for submissions or news to Snapshots, please email contact [@] beyondjames.com
This Week’s Highlights
- Concrete Canvas wrapped up their largest festival on Saturday, July 23. This year’s edition of the multi-day visual arts festival featured mentorship, music and beautified the city by adding a number of new murals to Hamilton.
- Congratulations to Burlington Teen Tour Band’s Rob Bennett, who was among 75 Burlington community members to receive a Platinum Jubilee Community Hero Award. Other arts contributors awarded included Peter John VanDyk from the Sound of Music Festival and writer Sylvia McNicoll.
- The Art Gallery of Hamilton is seeking a Retail and Art Sales Associate. The deadline to apply is August 9.
- Layne Talent Inc. (The Auctionista) is seeking a Digital Marketing & Brand Development Specialist. The deadline to apply is August 11.
- The Art Gallery of Hamilton is seeking an Art Consultant, Art Sales & Services. The deadline to apply is August 14.
- The FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager. The deadline to apply is August 15.
- Kitchener’s Green Light Arts is seeking a Donor & Development Manager for a 1-year contract. Applications are due September 1.
- Hamilton Theatre Inc. is seeking a Stage Manager for Heathers The Musical. Applications are due August 2.
- Hamilton Fringe Festival’s DISCOCAB is looking for any and all artist folks in the disability and mental health community to join their lineup on July 30 at 8pm on the Fringe outdoor stage. Message them on Instagram at @theadhdproject for details.
- The City of Hamilton invites members of the public to give input on shortlisted proposals for a public art project to be located at the corner of Jackson & Locke Streets by August 22. Please visit the Engage Hamilton website to review proposals and give your feedback.
Here & There
- The Society for the Prevention of Spectacle is seeking actors for a street-theatre production, ART CRAWL VERSUS THE FUN POLICE, which will be a part of September’s Supercrawl. A profit-share production, actors can sign up for an audition on August 4th here.
- The Hamilton Arts Council is seeking applications from emerging artists to be featured as part of the fall 2022 BIPOC hArt Music Series. To learn more, or to apply by August 7, visit the Arts Council’s website.
- Hamilton Artists Inc. is accepting applications for the OAC Exhibition Assistance Program. The deadline to apply is August 15 at 1pm. For more information, visit their website.
- Village Theatre Waterdown is looking for a Makeup Artist for their performance of Enchanted from October 21-November 6. Find out more through their website.
- The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) is launching a new Green Award to recognize projects that have a sustainable impact and passion for the connection between the arts and environmental stewardship. Find out more here.
- Myriad Ensemble is holding auditions for new choristers in the SSAA range. Please visit their website for more information or to apply.
- Mulberry Cafe is accepting submissions from artists interested in having their art up in the Cafe. Send submissions/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farside Hamiton is now accepting submissions for their DIY arts space. Visit their website to learn more about potential dates and submission guidelines.
- Theatre Burlington is seeking producers for their winter show of My Old Lady to be directed by Judy Wilson and Remember Maggy? directed by Jerrold Karch. To apply, email email@example.com
- The Hamilton Children’s Chorus is looking for new singers to join them in September. Learn more on their website.
- The Government of Canada via the Department of Canadian Heritage has given the Unison Fund $16 Million to disburse to Canadian live music workers. Any independent or self-employed live music worker can apply for a one-time payment of $2,500.
- Theatre Aquarius is seeking a Head of Lighting. Applications are due July 29 at 5pm.
- The Westdale Theatre is hiring an Operations Manager. Applications are due August 2.
- The Hamilton Philharmonic Youth Orchestra is seeking a Music Director. Applications are due August 22.
- Theatrix Costume House is seeking a Wardrobe Coordinator for Children’s Arts Theatre School. Applications are due August 26.
- The Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra seeks a Fundraising and Strategic Partnerships Manager. The application process will continue until the role is filled.
- The Art Gallery of Hamilton is seeking on-call Artist Instructors and Freelance Bartenders on an ongoing basis. For full job descriptions or to learn more, please visit their website.
- Arts for All is hiring Artist Educators on an ongoing basis.
- Theatre Ancaster is currently recruiting for a Marketing Coordinator (part-time, paid).
- Larissa Mair Casting is searching across Canada for individuals to perform in Rock of Ages, to be performed from February – May 2023 at Toronto’s Elgin Theatre. For more information, audition materials and more, please visit their website.
- Myriad Ensemble is seeking new volunteer members for its Board of Directors, specifically the Fundraising Chair and the Governance Chair. Please visit their website for more information or to apply by August 15.
- Hamilton Artists Inc. is looking for volunteers for a range of roles, including Installation Assistants and Gallery Assistants during Art Crawl and from 12-5pm on Wednesdays through Saturdays. Visit their website for more information.
- Theatre Ancaster is currently recruiting for Board Members (volunteer).